Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Two Years

It's been two years since I last posted.
The last two years have been a roller coaster of ups and downs but I will do the best I can to do a brief updates. Last October we sold our house, and had to temporarily move into a smelly small apartment. Let's say that 6 people in a two bedroom 1.5 bathroom 800 sq feet apartment on the top floor with a dog is not fun. Thankfully, we were able to purchase a new house in our old neighborhood within 3 months of closing on our old house- I don't think I could have taken another month in that apartment!
After selling our old house we used the profit from it (the good thing about buying a foreclosure is that there is usually a pretty decent profit) to pay off every single thing in our lives. And for 3 months we were completely debt free for the first time in our 9 year relationship. Yep, even the vehicles are paid off!!
Baylie:
Baylie has just turned 9! Can you believe that?! One more year and she will cross into the double digits. She is finishing up her 3rd grade year and is doing very well in school. She has come so very far in the last couple of years. Something in second grade clicked in her head and suddenly she became the spelling queen. She's funny and loving and very maternal. I can't wait to see what the next few years bring for her academically because she is far surpassing anything anyone could have imagined (especially me!).
Daisy:
Daisy turned 7 in December. She is rocking 1st grade. She is so smart, I am blown away by how fast she picks things up. Last weekend she finally got the hang of riding her bicycle without the training wheels, we celebrated by buying her a new helmet with a unicorn on it :) I wish desperately we could afford to put her in sports- like dance or gymnastics. Daisy is thoughtful and witty and very helpful. Watching her grow and learn has been so much fun.
Pepper:
Pepper Jeannette...oh Pepper my Pepper. She is crazy and funny and spirited and so much more. She is getting ready to start kindergarten in the fall and is very excited. She's been in early intervention for about a year getting speech therapy, the school therapist thinks this will probably continue into grade school for her pretty pronounced lisp. The school calls PJ a "very strong will child" meaning that when she doesn't want to do something even the almighty power of God couldn't make her do it. We all that hard headed. She has a beautiful kind soul and she simply doesn't take any crap from anyone...ever.
Weston:
Weston is so smart, and funny and ALL boy. I love having a boy, he makes things....interesting. He's 2 and a half and is some where between the terrible two's and the threating threes, with just a hint of the forceful fours. He loves dirt and mud and tractors, but has to have Baylie's old purple blanket to sleep every night and lugs it everywhere with him when we go to town. He loves things that sparkle and shine- the brighter the color the better. He's at a stage where all he wants to do is help...he could help someone to an early grave I think! My life is definitely a little brighter with him in it and way more complicated in the best sort of way.
Everything else:
James and I are still doing good, 9 years of marriage and coming on 10 years of dating and I still love him- I call that a win. At Christmas we added another member to our family in the form of a 4 legged friend. His name is Cowboy and he is 1/2 standard collie, 1/4 border collie, 1/4 chow. He's been a challenge. Right after our move into the new house he started having seizures. For almost a month he had test after test and what seemed like an ever increasing dosage of medication to help control them. The medication cause excessive urination and behavior issues with the kids. It was looking bleak with him, we were pretty certain we would have to re-home him to someone that could afford his meds and dr. bills and had time to work with the peeing and behavior, but as suddenly as they came they left, we were able to back him off the meds and eventually stopped and they haven't been back home since. All the issues we had with the meds vanished as well.
I promise to update more. As I read back through all my old posts from the years of blogging I realized I missed writing out my thoughts, the kids crazy antics and the ever changing dynamic of our household. Those memories are written there for me to read whenever I feel like it for me to keep preserved and cherished for the future. Things I have forgotten with time and a busy life. And I know in the last two years there are things that I should have put down, cherished memories that are buried somewhere in my subconscious that may or may not resurface. And, so I will no longer blog to do it, but instead as a kind of indestructible memory album.
That is all for tonight.

No comments: