Well with 7 days to go until 40 weeks I am now fighting two things. First a cold/allergies that oh so nasty and coughy...but I am making some progress towards getting better there. Second, a tooth ache. I had a filling put in my third to the last molar on the upper left side last summer. Last night that whole side of my head started throbing. I thought it was the tooth behind it, but after a 'squeezed in' trip to the dentist I found out that it was indeed the tooth with the filling. Apparently (this I was told was pretty uncommon) I have an elongated nerve in that tooth, so that the filling is touching the nerve of the tooth. This caused an infection in the nerve and the surrounding tissues...up to my nasal cavity on that side, back to my jaw, up to my temple and into my eye. Needless to say OW! They gave me an antibiotic to clear up the infection and my OB gave me a painkiller to help manage the pain until the antibiotics clear up the infection enough that my face doesnt hurt constantly. After baby is born that tooth will require a root cannal, which because I dont have dental insurance will cost $1800, or an extraction with some sort of spacing device to keep my teeth from moving. Again I say OW! Pulling it sounds like a pretty good idea at the moment.
Baby girl is pretty darn cozy in there, so I suspect I will still be pregnant clear thru to week 40+. We will just have to see, I am using the spa day my sister gave me for my birthday on Saturday so maybe they can get the ball rolling!
Hope everyone has a good week, or what's left of it, and a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment