Thoughts on baby:
My little big guy is 3 months old already! He's almost 18 lbs (17.12 as of a week ago) and 26 1/2 inches tall. That puts him firmly in 9-12 month clothing and starting to edge toward the 12 month side. He's so sweet and such a good baby. We are really enjoying his soft giggles and cute grin. He makes even bad day feel a little better.
Thoughts on diapering:
We are still cloth diapering. I have begun to feel frustrated with our currant brand because of leaks. It seemed that no matter what I did he ALWAYS leaked right aroung the legs. I adjusted the diapers, stripped them, double stuffed them and still they leaked. We were going through 3-4 outfits a day plus blankets and constantly washing the carseat pad out. I was really feeling like just selling them and going back to disposables. But at the encouragement of a friend of mine, who insisted that it was a brand thing, I decided to buy a different brand of diapers. She uses velcro closure diapers. They are fast and adjust better than the snaps do. But I was worried that the velcro wouldnt last with the constant washing. So, after some research and asking my moms (in my online mom's group) I was pointed toward a brand called Flips. They are made by the same company that makes BumGenious diapers. So after a few weeks of nail bitting and hem-hawing I pulled the trigger and bought 3. Well I thought I bought 3 complete diapers (thinking that the inserts were included). It turns out that the sale price I bought them at- buy 2 get one free- was only for the covers. So I was stuck, and decided to improvise by using the inserts from the other diapers, it also gave me a way to test to see if it was the inserts with build up on them or just the diapers. The verdict? Its the diapers and the brand. I absolutely LOVE the flips. LOVE LOVE them. They hold well, the inserts I have work great with these covers. The velcro is awesome, so much more fitted and faster. I also dont have to worry as much about it wearing out as you dont have to change the cover with each change, just the inserts. (Unless of course the cover gets dirty, then you should change it too.) But we have been leak free for 4 days and I am so glad- they have come through washing and drying perfectly too. Bottom line: spend the extra money for decent brand name diapers. But the inserts can come from anywhere. So long as they dont have build up. The inserts I have are nice and inexpensive.
Pictures to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment