Sunday, September 13, 2009
Given Freely
Something given freely with no string or expectations attached can sometimes bring you more than you ever thought possible. But when love is given freely (and love comes in many forms) it is the most beautiful and touching thing ever. If you dont know about our situation right now its not great. James and I as a couple are fine, but he lost his job 3 weeks ago and hasn't been able to find anything yet, so our financial situation is grave bordering on dire. I have been stressing on how we are going to make our bills, buy food, and the clothes that Baylie needed for the winter. By the generosity of someone very special to me (she's been like a sister for almost 17 years because her sister may as well be mine, and her family 'adopted' me a long time ago) a huge monster sized weight has been lifted off my shoulders in the form of clothes for my kids. She called it a trade because we pass on all of our outgrown kids clothes to her. I call it the best gift I think I may ever have had. Words do not even begin to express the gratitude I have for her and her husband. I never thought that the love we gave to her and her family in the form of hand-me-down clothes would have ever come to this- I hoped it wouldn't accutally. But somethings are out of our control. So once more for you (and you know who you are) thank you for love given so freely and selflessly that I only hope one day I can, in some way, repay it to you (and more than just hand-me-down clothes). I want you and your family to know that I have always loved you and held you close to me in my heart, and though you didn't need or have to do what you did, you are even more special to me now then I ever could have known you would be. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very nice post my dear. We love you as well and want you to know we hold you in our hearts. Sorry about the tough times and we want the best for you, James, and the kiddos! No matter what that means, we are willing to help ANY way we can. I love you TONS and we'll be laughing about this when we're 70, on the front porch scarring all the little kids! We can be the "crazy old ladies" of the neighborhood! Love you!
Post a Comment